Sunday, April 11, 2010

Vacation - Day 9: Swim Swam Swum, Time to go Home

Today I swam 2500 yards (100 laps) and 4000 yards (160 laps) this evening.  That makes it 3.6 miles, 6500 yards, 260 laps of swimming today.  I usually swim in increments of 20 laps for counting purposes.  I have no pattern other than always starting with 20 laps freestyle.  Then I'll usually mix up 50's or 100's of breast and free but always more freestyle than breast stroke.  It makes it easier to count laps when I do split it up and helps work different muscles.  If I'm trying to get in as much as I can in a shorter amount of time I'll just do freestyle.  I don't watch a clock or stop longer than to take a sip of water in between my 500's.  


I don't swim fast but I'm not the slowest one around.    I swim because it is fun, I can do it easily and I love it!  Now that I've swam a few days in a row and my shoulder isn't bothering me, I'll be adding more swimming back into my exercise routine.  Maybe I'll even look into joining Masters Swimming so that I can swim in meets and work toward a timed goal.  






Here's a quick shot of me jogging on the nature trail at the resort.  It felt nice on that squishy soft ground rather than hard concrete.









There is a bridge connecting the two sides of the resort across a lake.  Here's me and the sexiest man around striking a pose so we could get pics of the resort.





Half the gang left this afternoon.  I'm left with son Ethan and girlfriend Juliann. 


Since it's the last day I  had to use up what I had left to make myself a healthy dinner before my last swim.  I brought coconut oil to make popcorn so I used some of that to heat up some of my leftover chicken breast concoction that was grilled with tons of garlic and onion.  We had a few shrimp leftover so I mixed it all together and grilled it with the coconut oil and pepper to spice it up a little.  I amaze myself.  It was very tasty.  Who needs to eat out when I throw together these amazing delicious healthy dishes?  :)










We enjoyed our last evening here.  Saying goodbye to a fabulous vacation and resort.  We leave in the morning for our trek home.  Check out is by 10 AM.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a GREAT trip! I am glad you had a great time. I bet you are going to have a loss on the scale too with all that swimming! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous pix and great to see you in action in the pool and on the trail. What resort is this?? Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete