After my 11 PM run the night before I was wired and went to bed late so no early morning exercise for me today. It was beach day so we had to get out the door early so we could make the most of the day. Packed my cooler with tons of water, salad with grilled chicken, an avacado, grapes, and apples & pbj's for the family. It was tough making those squishy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches last night and not eating a slice. It looked soooo good. But it was 10 pm and I definitely didn't need to eat a dollop of peanut butter and sugary jelly at that late hour.
We had a BEAUTIFUL day at the beach. Temp was mid 70's with a mix of sun and clouds. The ocean waves were fun and the breeze was perfect. I really can't think of anything better than lying by the ocean listening to the waves, or better yet playing in the waves! The water was cool but not so bad at all. We had a fun time jumping around and playing on the waves.
Here is my daughter and I playing on the boogie boards.
My younger son joined us late Thursday night with his girlfriend. This was her first time seeing the ocean. I'm sure she enjoyed it but not as much as me. I'm an ocean freak! (This is my son who is also working on running for the first time in his life with me.) In the pic on the right we told her to stand on one foot while posing. Hehehe, she did.
We all tried something new tonight at a delicious Thai Restaurant. I chose sea bass with grilled shrimp, served in a curry coconut milk sauce with green beans, red and green pepper. It was DELICIOUS and worth every bite! The best part is that I have leftovers for tomorrow. I splurged and shared a dessert. It was customary Thai sticky rice with fresh mango. Yum, it was also worth every bite.
For fun, here are some other shots from dinner tonight. :) I love vacation! NO MAKE-UP since before I left home!!! Love it. Here's me and my AWESOME WONDERFUL LOVING MARVELOUS husband that I love so much!!!!!
Here we are again, with daughter Olivia in the pic.
Here's my oldest son, Adam and his girlfriend "putting their heads together" like I asked.
Younger son Ethan, and his girlfriend. Ethan got a little pink today and was dripping sweat during dinner. He ordered his seafood plate fiery hot!
Last but not least, my most favorite daughter in the universe Olivia is here eating her fried cheesecake for dessert.
After dinner, we went for a late night swim with my boys and their girlfriends. Olivia decided to stay back and pack since she leaves today with my husband, oldest son and his girlfriend. I have one more day with younger son and his girlfriend.
No formal exercise for me today. I think jumping around in the waves and walking on the beach and the hour and half in the pool tonight must count for something. It was after 11 when we got back and I wasn't about to try that 11pm running thing again. No worries though, I'll make up for it! I enjoyed every second with my family today.

Family time are the best!!!!
ReplyDelete