Today started our family vacation. We left later than expected, around 9 AM this morning. We've been on the road for over 11 hours now and will be going as long as we can make it. We ate a late dinner at Cracker Barrel. I choose turnip greens which I love but don't cook myself, baby carrots, which I gave away mostly because I had too much food, lightly breaded haddock and veggie soup. Oh yes, I can't forget the partial biscuit. It was so delicious and worth every bite. :) I didn't eat the whole thing though so that was good. There's nothing better that having a delicious meal, not overdoing it, and having it be very tasty and worth it! :)
Earlier today we stopped at Sonic for lunch. While everyone was ordering their food I took off and went for a walk. I walked 5 minutes and ran for 11 minutes, stretched and then hopped back in the car where I ate my salad I brought with me. I've been drinking water all day and did manage to slip in one Starbucks Dark Cherry Mocha with an extra shot of expresso and no whipped cream.
What good choices I made today!! I started the day with a 75 minute walk early this morning so I hit 12,000 steps by 1 pm on a day where I'll be in the car for 16 hours! Can't beat that for my first day of vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment