Saturday, April 24, 2010

Determination

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." - Tommy Lasorda


Today I was told that I had a lot of tenacity.  I suppose that's true with many things I do.  When I set my mind to something, I do it. During pregnancy I buried myself into learning everything I could about being pregnant and then being a good mother; everything from breast feeding to potty training to time outs.  While my children were young, I poured through parenting resources so that I could be the best parent I could be.  When I learned I had breast cancer, I spent endless hours on the internet researching everything I could learn about the disease.  I bought countless books on cancer.  I didn't settle for advice from any single doctor, but had to go for second and third opinions before I selected any one of my doctors from the oncologist, to the plastic surgeon to the breast surgeon.


I'm a workaholic by nature.  I pour myself into my work and do the best darn job I can in every aspect of whatever job I hold.  I bury myself into whatever I am doing, interested in, learning about, obsessed with, or just feel like doing.  I don't half do things, ever.  


This time around I'm not half doing my health.  I've tried to figure out why it is different this time in losing weight but I don't think I need to any longer.  I have it figured out.  I put my mind to it this time.  I mean I really put my mind to it. That's it.  I put my energy and my mind to exactly what I wanted and that is exactly where I will be going.  Losing weight, better health, and getting fit are all possible because I put my mind to it and I am determined that I am going to be fit, healthy and smaller.  I'm burying myself, my time, my focus, my energy, my everything into exercise, sleep, nutrition and good health.  I am living the life I want to be.


What holds you back from reaching your goals or desires? Nothing is out of our reach when we set our mind to it.  Whether it is tenacity or determination that gets us to our destination, it is our mind and what we do with it that takes us there.  I am thrilled that the mind is such a powerful tool and can take me to whatever place or goal of the moment I need to go.  Do the same and use your mind to go where you are heading.  Nothing is impossible with determination!

No comments:

Post a Comment