Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vacation - Day 5: Swim & Steps

I'm splurging this week with International Delight Chocolate Carmel Coffee cream.  1 Tbsp = 45 calories.  I'm only using one in each cup of coffee.  Yum.  After coffee, I dragged myself to the lap pool where I swam 2000 yards, which is 8 laps more than 1 mile (72 laps).  It felt SOOOO GOOD to be in the water swimming.  Swimming is my exercise of choice but my shoulder starts to act up when I over due it so since starting my new life routines I have not been swimming much.  I miss it and hope to add it back in to my routine more.  It is 24 hours later when I am writing this and I feel no shoulder pain so that is a good sign.  I'll be back in the lap pool as soon as I'm done with my coffee and this post.  Lap swimming is posted from 7-9 AM but I'm not making it by then.  Hopefully it's still empty when I get there a bit after 9.

After my swim, I had to quickly eat a healthy hardy breakfast and get ready for a long day at the parks.  I grilled up an organic wholesome chicken breast with real butter, garlic and onion.  I served it over a bed of spinach along with a smoothie (berries, plain yogurt, ice, splash of oj, water, tad of strawberry protein whey, and Nouriche Live).  I was stuffed and off to Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom was INSANELY crowded so we grabbed a couple fast passes and switched to Epcot during the day.  There were two places I wanted to visit at Epcot, one was United Kingdom to get fish n chips.  This is thanks to my lovely step mother who always raves about them there.  I am not a fish-n-chip person at all.....but I tried them once there and they were very tender and good.  The order comes with 2 fish pieces and fries.  I ate only one and was satisfied and passed on the fries.  It was just enough to satisfy the desire and fulfill it for a long time.  It wasn't quite as good as I remembered and a whole lot greasier!  But as for fish and chips, I think it is still a great place to get them.  The second place I wanted to hit up was Japan.  There is this candy (yeah, food again!) that I really enjoy.  They are some sort of rice cake candy.  A light coating of powdery sugar on the outside and a mellowy creamy inside and a chewy outside but not too sweet.  So my trip to Epcot was complete.  :)  I ate two of these candies (87 calories each) and one fish filet and was more than satisfied. 

Magic Kingdom was much less crowded the second half of the day and from 9 - midnight it was easy on and of most all rides so we boogied through lots of stuff during this time.  There was one other park food that I craved and that was one of those turkey drumsticks.  I got one for dinner.  It was way greasier than I had imagined and extremely salty.  It could have been a worse choice for me but I think I did pretty good.  I ate just enough to satisfy and shared the rest.  I followed it up with a red pepper I brought and that helped wash away the greasy salty taste it left in my mouth.  My husband captured us finishing up dinner in this picture.  (Me, daughter Olivia, son Adam and his girlfriend, Danika.)

We closed the park and left after midnight.  According to my Body Media band that I wear, I managed to get in 32,000 steps and burn 4,873 calories yesterday! Wahoo.  All those calf raises I did waiting in lines must have paid off.  And the lap swimming.  And all the rides I didn't go on and instead I walked and walked in circles waiting for family to go on some of the rides.  I was trying to hit 40,000!  Didn't quite make it but 32k is my highest since wearing the band.  Not too shabby! I hit the shower as soon as we got back and COLLAPSED! 

Here are a few more pictures of my family on our magical day!  (Son Ethan gets here tonight! Wahoo!)


 
 Make it a great day everyone! I'm off to the lap pool.



1 comment:

  1. I was laughing so hard about turkey drumstick... :) I love the Candy's at Epcot, japan is one of my favorite.. Don't forgot strech your body need it!!! Am glad you having a great time, and still focus in your big commintment.

    ReplyDelete