Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm Addicted to Zumba!

zumba-_cris_004

I think I'm a Zumba junkie! My workout schedule is changing. I'm doing 5-6 Zumba classes a week now. I'm finally getting the hang of it.  It is my most favorite workout of all.  I'm learning how to work it hard each session, targeting all the muscle groups and almost always getting a 700+ calorie burn from it.  Who would have thought burning 700 calories to be so much fun!  Take a look below to see a sample in action.



Tonight I met up with an old friend at Zumba.  Earlier this week I brought along another friend to Zumba.  A couple weeks ago, I dragged another friend to Zumba.  I've organized a Zumba class to take place at the school I work at on Fridays starting later next month.  Within one day I have 20 people who are interested in coming to the class.  It will be a blast to do with co-workers  and exciting to see others get introduced to it.  Looking forward to it!

I've never been a dancer but have always adored watching dancing. I had no idea what the salsa was a few weeks ago.  But it surely is incorporated a lot into Zumba.  I felt like a klutz the first several weeks doing it.  I'm still pretty clunky but am feeling like I half way am getting the hang of it.   I no longer have to stare at the instructor the entire time trying to keep up.  I don't have to hide in the back of the class anymore either.  I'm learning how similar the different moves are. I've learned how everything comes in four and eight counts.  And I'm finding that my hips actually know how to shake, kinda.  And when I don't know......I just fake it, wiggle, shake, smile and keep on moving until I can catch up again.

I've taken the class from a few instructors now but am really loving Maria's class best.  She's amazing.  She makes us smile and keeps us working the entire time.  No one can shake it like Maria!  She's recently added some extra classes at a new place on times I had available.  Bargain.

It has surely become an addiction for me.  The music is fun.  The beat is a blast.  I just plain love it!  If you've never Zumba'd before, I encourage you to look for a Zumba class near you!  Now I must get to bed so I can get up and Zumba again!

2 comments:

  1. I will be trying it soon! Maybe I will love it too! Kick some butt girl you really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it! I promise. Especially with music in your heart and job....it isn't possible for you not to love it.

    ReplyDelete