Ok, here, Mrs. Positive, I can do anything I set my mind to set a bad word today. I said the words, "I can't" in reference to doing lunges. What was I thinking?! Well, I was surely reminded very quickly by my one of my instructors this morning that it starts with what is in the head. She said "why can't you?". I replied I didn't know but whenever I tried my legs wiggled, my balance staggers and I can't get that bottom leg parallel to the ground. Well.....then I got a 3 minute lecture on how it all starts in the mind and if I say I can't then I won't, so I need to tell myself I can....yada yada yada. Ha. I KNOW this. I practice this everyday and once in awhile it slips. It slipped today.
That's okay though because now I AM going to do lunges! I am going to lunge every day until I have the lunge down pat! I can do lunges. I will do lunges. I will start right now to do lunges. I will build the strength, the neuron transmission , the balance, and whatever else it takes to do lunges. I will. I can. I am a machine.
Lunges is like Zumba!!!! Put music in your heart go right and then left like dancing...!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGirl you are going to kick FR's butt when you get there!!
ReplyDeletePutting lunges in my heart, left and right just like dancing. Got it!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to kick FR's butt when I get there, but more so I'm hoping that it gets me through any plateau I might be at by late July. I'm really looking forward to the whole package. Beautiful hikes, nutrition classes, pushing myself to new limits, meeting wonderful people doing the same thing I am, and learning new tricks to keep me on track forever.