Tuesday, July 13, 2010

OMG! 11 Days Until Biggest Loser Resort!!!!

Gulp.  I can't believe it is so close!  I've been waiting for so long.  I signed up 6 months ago to go to the Biggest Loser Resort, previously called Fitness Ridge located in St. George, Utah.  I started looking into it when I was 92 pounds heavier back in early December.  I researched and thought about it for a month before I decided to do it for sure.  I found an awesome facebook support page where alumni and future attendees come together and discuss their stay, questions, share experiences, etc.  I met many wonderful people through those pages and through the many blogs of people documenting their stay at the resort.  The reviews have been phenomenal from everyone who has attended.  I read fantastic things about the staff, the stay, and the entire experience.  I am sooooo looking forward to this trip.  I am EXCITED!!!!!!

About 2 months ago I started questioning myself going because I have been so dedicated on my own.  I began doubting myself spending the extra money for this trip.  I would have lost my deposit but would have saved an even larger chunk of change.  I decided to think about it and let it percolate in my mind for a few days before making the decision.  I am glad I did that because now I am VERY glad I did not cancel!  The stays at the resort book up a good 6 months or more in advance.  They recently opened a Malibu location and I don't know as much about that one as it is brand new, but the Utah resort definitely fills up quickly.  If I had changed my mind, I would not have gotten that opportunity back for quite some time.

I have 38 more pounds to lose to get to what I think might be a good goal weight for myself.  This trip is going to help me with a jump start on changing up some things to get me through losing these last pounds.   It is also coming before my absolute busiest time of year at work so I will need the extra momentum to keep me on the right track.

The stay is one week long.  I will check in on July 25th, and check out August 1st.  (I then have a one week hiatus in Vegas at my time share.)  Each day starts with a GORGEOUS hike in the mountains and outlying areas around the resort.  The hikers are grouped by ability levels to assure everyone is getting the most out of their workout and stay.  For those having troubles with blisters or whatever, there is an option to stay back and work out on own at the gym.

Three gourmet meals are served a day coming in at around 1200 calories for the daily allotment.  There is a salad bar available, and fresh fruit if one needs the extra nutrition.  Each hike is followed by several other fitness classes each day and also some sort of educational nutritional or other class.  I will be in heaven working out 6-7 hours each day, eating like a queen, taking in breath taking views and working like a dog!  Or a horse.  Or some other non human.  :)

Many people have uploaded pictures to the Facebook page which can be viewed here.  Unless you want to wait and view the beautiful pictures I'll be posting during my stay.  I'll be blogging my experience and sharing with the world my ventures.  I can't wait to share my pain, my joy, and my exhaustion while I take my final steps toward the end of my weight loss journey into the beginning of my new healthy lifestyle.  I hope that my stories, my determination, my focus on moving toward this much more active and strong person continues to motivate and inspire others that have been watching me make these changes.

Everyone has it in them to make needed changes.    So if you are someone looking to become more active, lose weight, lose inches, build muscle, overcome a fear, set your mind to it and JUST DO IT!  99% of doing it is mental.  Anytime I am feeling that wall, or barrier to success going up, I remind myself how much of these changes are mental and I bust through it.  I have to because I am moving forward and never going back.  Surround oneself with people and the environment for success and remove those that are barriers to success.  Use mind over matter and success is inevitable because we can all do anything we put our mind to!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I see you there I've been here since July 4th and can honestly saw it has changed me already.

    ReplyDelete