Friday, July 9, 2010

Nothing Will Stop Me Now

Last week while in Denver for a conference I was able to take a side trip excursion white water rafting.  I've only done this once before and it was many years ago, before what I call "all my crap".  I haven't quite had the nerve to go again.  The crap might be the extra weight, the nerve and balance issues or fear.......or one of many other excuses not to go.  Now that I've gotten over this crap, I'm not stopped by anything.  Deciding to go white water rafting was a no brainer and it was a blast!

The guide was awesome and tells you exactly what to do.  I didn't have to worry about being too heavy for the boat, or not be able to maneuver around quickly when needed.  This little trip was a reminder to how much fun we can all have if we allow it.  Never be afraid to try something new.  Don't get stuck in ruts.  Try things no matter what.  Allow oneself to fail and look stupid. WHO CARES!?!  Just get out and do something new.  Once you do, you'll see doors start to open.  Whether you are thin or fat, tall or short, big or small, fit or not........just GO DO IT!  Whatever IT is.  Don't wait for the magic time to come.  Challenge yourself now and don't let anything get in the way with living your life.  Go open up your life and say yes to something you said no to yesterday.  You CAN do whatever you choose to do!

Nothing will stop me now.   I'm a machine.  I can do anything.  I am strong.  I will live each day like there is no other.  I am healthy.  I will stay mentally and physically fit.   These are mantras I live by and will by, everyday, for the rest of my long life.  I hope that you will join me on this journey of letting nothing stop you from new challenges.  Go for it!  I am.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment