Today our local paper published a beautiful article about me on the front page of the Lifestyles section. I am still taking in my feelings after reading and hearing comments from friends and family today.
I don't feel like I am doing anything so spectacular or special, yet many people tell me how I am inspiring them. I am so proud of myself for everything I have accomplished but am even more touched that I am inspiring others.
I posted a link to the article on my Facebook page today and came home tonight to the most amazing comments and responses. I am excited about the article and awed that it is about me......I've never had a newspaper article written about me before. But I am even more excited that somehow I am touching the lives' of others.
I feel myself to be ordinary. Yet somehow others make me feel extraordinary. I feel like my story is just another story, like one of so many that have been in my shoes, whether as a cancer survivor, a first triathlete, or someone who has lost a great deal of weight. So why and how do my words and actions become inspirational?
I read through the comments again and started thinking about all of the supportive comments I have received through my blog, Facebook and that little thing called "irl" (in real life). I would not be where I am today if it weren't for each and every one of you that have supported me through everything in my life. Whether it was the cancer treatment, recovery from one of the many surgeries I've had, my workaholic ways, my fanatical healthy living, training for the 60 mile walk, working out too many hours or losing weight, everyone has always been there for me. So if I am giving back and inspiring one or one hundred, I am just glad that I am able to pay back others for what I have always been blessed with.
I have always had support, love and kindness in my life in whatever it is I am trying to accomplish. The past several months have been no different. My readers, my friends and my family have kept me going by giving me the needed words of encouragement. It is always a bit of give and take I think. I am so very thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life supporting me. Thank you to everyone who allows me the pleasure of giving back.
Everything I preach comes from the heart. Those that know me personally, know that I become very passionate about something I am interested in or a goal I am trying to achieve. I am very passionate about healthy living and will continue down this road of success. I will continue to preach and share with others. I won't shut up when it comes to sharing because truthfully I am darn proud! I am proud that I am stronger than I ever realized. I am proud of so much and want everyone to feel what I am feeling.
I may push and beg and plead with you one day to do something outside of your element. Don't let me annoy you. I may boast about a giant picture and article in the paper that is all about me. Don't let me annoy you. I may share with you each time I hit another 10 pound weight loss mark. Don't let that annoy you. I may go shopping and buy another size smaller, I may run a marathon one day, or I might even decide to go sky diving. Whatever it is I am doing, I am sharing myself, my adventures, my stories and experiences. I hope that while I do this I continue to provide inspiration to others as I seem to be doing today.
While sitting here typing, my daughter started giggling. She then went on to tell me that I don't really look like a sloth. Ha, how nice of her. Then she said something about my eyes being so far apart in the picture in the paper. She said, "Nothing is wrong with it. It just reminds me of a sloth. And Mom, Sloths are pretty cute. They are the cutest animal ever."
I guess I'm suppose to feel better that she thinks my picture looks like a sloth because sloths are the cutest animal ever. Hmmm.....Ok daughter. I will be happy that I am so cute. And I will be happy that I am happy. Most of all, I am happy to have such positive energies in my life and to be able to bring that energy to others. It is these energies that flow back to others in the form of inspiration.
I think I'll keep on keepin' on. :)
By the way, what have you done today to be active?


No comments:
Post a Comment