So now that I’ve been wearing this a few days I have some data to look at as well as behavioral changes. Most of us all know the more you move the more calories you burn….park further, take the stairs, mini short walks through the day…..anything to move more is better. Common sense, right? Having the ability to monitor calories burned and steps through the day has been an eye opener for me. There are many more ways to be active than just grueling exercise. I’m finding myself purposefully doing things I likely would have been lazy about doing before getting my GWF (Go Wear Fit).
I find that I will take extra steps to put something away, or get something that I would have not bothered with before. I’m looking at the house cleaning as not only a chore but a way to burn more calories. I have several jobs I’ve been neglecting at home that I think I’ll be more in a mindset to get to because I’ll be looking at it as moving and burning calories. I’m more inclined to get off my butt than ask my kids to get me something. It is way easier to find parking in the last spot of parking lots and quicker too! I'm consciously thinking about each lazy decision. I am thinking about low stats when sitting doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, I need recovery time and relaxation time but every movement counts and I want to meet my step and calorie burning goals every day.
The data holds me accountable. It becomes a competition against myself. Numbers don’t lie. This is my sixth day wearing it and I am absolutely sold 100% on the effectiveness before even seeing results for a full week. I can see it changing the way I think about every movement, and especially every lack of movement. I’m already thinking about the challenge to keep moving when I go back to work tomorrow. It will be my first work day wearing it. It is not uncommon for me to SIT for 8, 10, 12, or even 14 hours straight when I’m working on a project. I’m going to have to get creative and learn to walk in place, squat, stand, use small hands weights, anything to get me moving while on the phone…..and to take mini-breaks to refocus the mind.
So all in all, the GWF has made me realize how truly lazy I have been in the PAST. It is helping me see that and change that! I will move. Then I will move more. I will not let anything stop me from moving and I’ll be wearing my GWF to help keep me on track.
PS.........I didn't even mention the benefits of the Sleep Tracker. Worn at night it helps identify your sleep patterns of sleep vs wakefulness. It is making me aware of my true sleep compared to the time lying in bed. Another empowering tool to help me get the rest my body needs. Where I thought I was getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep before........I now realize may only be 6 or 7. So I will focus on my bedtime routines to help me get the best rest each night. GWF helps me identify this too!
I have the bodybugg, the look exactly alike??
ReplyDeleteIt's my understanding that they are from the same company. I went with the GoWear Fit because of the sleep efficiency tracking. I think everything else is exactly the same. At least that's what I read before buying it.
ReplyDeleteThanks, and I am probably going to buy a polar7 for the trip. Because of the heart rate monitor and being able to go in the water.
ReplyDelete