Weigh in this morning at Weight Watchers - Down 2 lbs. (36 total)
Stats from GoWear Fit from Friday, Feb 12th:
Calories Burned: 3817
Calories Consumed 1146
Calorie Deficit 2671
Physical Activity 1 hr 18 minutes
Steps Taken 13,465
Sleep Duration 6 hr 14 min, 90% sleep efficiency
You can learn the science behind the device here. It basically measures motion with an accelerometer, steps, galvanic skin response, skin temperature and heat flux.
Yesterday was my first full day wearing it. It breaks down the physical activity into moderate and vigorous. Of the total 78 minutes it only calculated 13 min of vigorous activity for me. I originally had my target setup as 30 min of vigorous each day but moved that to 15 min. I did a 55 min step aerobics class and 25 min core aerobics class last night and it only registered 13 min of vigorous!!! I think in the sample when it said vigorous was like running, it wasn't kidding. I'll work on meeting a higher moderate activity number of minutes for now. Furthermore, this morning I did a 60 boot camp workout at the Y, and 60 min kickboxing class and it still only measured 10 min of vigorous activity! At least it gave me 82 min of moderate activity out of those 2 classes....plus 10 min no the bike and 10-15 min walking around the track.
I'll have to be very mindful of making sure I enter all calories consumed to see the best data. That number of calories consumed seemed low but I'm pretty sure I remembered everything. The sleep efficiency is based on the amount of time spent laying down vs the amount of time sleeping. It picks this up based on your breathing, respiratory response or something crazy. Pretty neat how this thing works. I think I am going to love it! It's totally data driven. The step count is supposedly 90% accurate over a 24 hour period. That's close enough for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment