Monday, April 11, 2011

Fitness Ridge 2011 - Monday

Monday Schedule

6 AM - Yogalates
7 AM - Breakfast
8 AM - Hiked Barrel Roll (Garmin results here)
11:15 - Stretch Class
12:15 - Lunch
1:30 - Ran outdoors 40 min (Garmin results here)
2:30 - Core Training
3:30 - H20 Intervals
4:30 - Circuit Training, 2 min cardio machines, 2 min weights, repeat for 45 min
5:30 - Dinner
6:30 - Swam 45 min
7:15 - Hot tub and socialized
8:15 - Shower, download gadgets, computer time and bed

Since I am a returning guest, I have options of not attending lectures.  There are usually two lectures a day.  That is where I  added the extra run and swim today.

Today's hike was to assess everyone so that we could be grouped by ability levels for the remainder of the week's hikes.  The terrain wasn't too bad today.  There were a few spots where I had to watch my footing pretty closely but most of it wasn't so bad at all.  The temperatures were beautiful.  We couldn't ask for better weather.

Below is my beautiful roommate Diana and myself along the way.  This is actually one of the least scenic hikes so I didn't get many pictures.  


Here is our daily menu for today.  I didn't get pictures of breakfast but it didn't look too fancy...but surely tasted good.  Everything as usual was super delicious.  I can't say enough good things about the food here!  It might not seem like a lot of calories, but it is so nutritionally dense that you get plenty to sustain the activity.  There are always extra bananas, apples and oranges available as well. I ate one extra banana today that added to the calories.  You also have the option of taking an extra boiled egg or 100 calories of almonds as an extra snack in the mornings if you feel you need the extra nutrition.  I passed on that today though. 


It is nice that the temperatures allow for us to have the option to dine outside for lunch and dinner.  It was a bit cooler today but still nice for dining outside.


And I even got my chocolate in today!!!  Woot!


Today's schedule was actually a bit easy but I think that won't be the case the rest of the week.   Diana and I booked time with a trainer tomorrow for some one on two time.  I booked some time with another trainer for later this week to get some help breaking through some running barriers.  I'm slow and steady and want to be able to push myself to go faster.  She is going to analyze my gait and I don't know what else.... but my goal is to have her push me to a new level so I can break through the mental barrier that tells me I can't go faster.  I need to figure out if it is mental or physical.  

Well, past bedtime for me.

Will try to post again tomorrow.  Off to snooze away so I can burn tons of calories and hopefully leave some pounds here in Utah when I leave!










No comments:

Post a Comment