Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fitness Ridge 2011 - Friday

Today was my last long scheduled day here at Fitness Ridge.  Here was the schedule today:


  • 6 AM - Yogalates
  • 7 AM - Breakfast
  • 8 AM - Hiked Camelback
  • 11:15 - H20 Intervals
  • 12:25 - Lunch
  • 1:30 - Biked for 45 min easy
  • 2:30 - Zumba
  • 3:30 - Liquid Moves
  • 4:30 - Liquid Moves (I doubled up on this class and skipped Circuit Training)
  • 5:30 - Dinner (long dinner chatting tonight)
  • 7:30 - 30 min of weights
  • 8 PM - Chatted with fellow guests for a quite awhile
Tonight is a bit quiet in my room.  My beautiful roommate Diana left late this afternoon. I am so lucky to have met her on my first stay here.  She is such a lovely kind person.  I was sad to see her go this evening and hope to see her again soon.   She has me very close to committing to booking another week here next April.  I will decide before I leave as we get a discount for doing so.

We hiked Camelback today.  Unfortunately I took a little spill early in the hike today and dropped my camera.  The shutter won't open and I can't get it to work.  So I was cameraless today.  

This won't be as appealing .....
Breakfast - I substituted the parfait for granola with almond milk and half a banana.  (I think around 430 calories?)
Snack - Orange
Lunch - I substituted the caeser salad for tuna with pita.  Served with onion soup.
Dinner - Turkey burger with side of carrots and broccoli.  Dessert - Chocolate oranges

After lunch today I was getting really anxious to see my weight so I went to the office where we weigh in upon arrival and asked to get on the scale.  They don't encourage us to do so mid-week but if we want to they don't stop us.  I was feeling good and just really wanted to see that number.  I know the number shouldn't be so important but the truth of the matter is that it is. I stepped on the scale and was ecstatic to see that I was down 8 pounds!!!!  And that was after lunch.  Now maybe it was give or take a few ounces.  I don't recall the decimal value when I checked in but it is darn close to 8 pounds and I am super excited about that.  But wait....... 8 pounds. ..........doesn't that mean I can hit 10 pounds before I leave Sunday??? After all, it was the middle of the day and I had more time to work out today and all day tomorrow!  Heck yeah I can.  I'm going for it.  I would have been happy with 5-6 this week, but now that I saw 8, I'm shooting for 10!

Tomorrow morning we have the choice to sign up for a hike or do a 2 1/2 hour cardio blast workout.  I'm also due for a 12 mile run tomorrow with my marathon training schedule.  I couldn't decide if I'd be able to run the hikes and never signed up so tonight at the end of the night I decided to go for the gym cardio workout.  I think I'll get a better calorie burn.  So far, my name is the only name on that list!  Maybe I'll be getting a 2 1/2 hour personal training workout if no one else signs up.    I'm not too excited about that long in the gym but that's what this is all about......working out of our comfort zones.  I'd much rather hike so I'm going to do the cardio blast.  I'm going to count the miles on the treadmill and finish the rest of my workout outdoors to make sure I get my training miles in.   There is only one class tomorrow and then a fun water volleyball game that I will probably skip to get my miles in.  Hoping to get more laps in the pool in as well.  We'll have the rest of the day as free time so I'm sure I will.  

I can't believe it's already Friday night.  Besides a bit of sunburn from all the pool classes, I'm feeling great!  I'm ready to give it my all tomorrow for my last chance workout.  Better get to sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment