HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I just googled Krispy Kreme Boston Creme Donut to get a picture to post here. The first hit was nutritional info. 310 calories in ONE of those suckers!!!! OMG!!!! NO WONDER my weight is going up and not down. Holy cannoli. This has to stop! Oh wait...... I'm still googling. (Yes, google is a verb these days.) Tim Horton boston creme donut is only 250 calories. Whew. Still NOT good, but I guess in comparison to the 310 it seems less painful and lately I've seen a few too many Tim Horton's donuts.
So since that day of stomach pain I have stopped on too many occasions to admit to and picked up another HORRIBLE poisonous disgusting boston cream donut. I know that the taste is deceiving. It tries to convince my body that it isn't so bad with it's delicious chocolate frosting, squishy donut body filled with ooey gooey yummy melt in your mouth cream in the middle. But I know better. I am officially on donut strike. I don't even like donuts that much.
The other day I couldn't find a coffee cup to take to work so instead of taking coffee that was already made at home, I stopped at Tim Horton's to get coffee. Now if it was just the coffee I would get that would be okay. But I devoured TWO of the evil donuts with it. The day got worse.
I hadn't packed a lunch that day so I had a work colleague pick me up a chicken sandwich from Wendy's. I normally pack my food every day and am always with food at work. It is safer this way. So I ate fast food. I almost ordered a Frosty with it but restrained. I had only the grilled chicken sandwich, but that was enough. I am normally not much of a fast food fan and can easily go without it. You will often hear me calling it poison. There I was eating my second round of poison for the day.
Now it was time to leave work and I was going to work out for a 90 minute Zumba class and then planned to swim laps for another 90 minutes. Here I was still food-less and going to work out for 3 hours. You probably guessed it by now, YES, I stopped at fast food on the way to the gym. I hit McDonalds for a $1 McChicken. I was running late and had only a couple bucks so I thought this would tide me over. I grabbed my bag and drove off. As I fumbled to open it after I pulled away and was back on the road to the gym, I found a bag of apples and no sandwich!!!!
I think that was a sign that I probably should have taken better note of. I mentally fought with myself the rest of the drive. I kept telling myself it was definitely fate telling me that I did not need the poison fast food McChicken sandwich. They served me a bag of apples for a reason and I just needed to eat them. I tried to eat them. They were tart. I ate a couple but it wasn't a chicken sandwich and was NOT doing the trick. I continued to play mental games and lost the battle. I tried so hard telling myself not to pull in and get it. I passed one more McDonalds before the gym and was still pressing the clock to get there but I did it..... I pulled in and got my McChicken. I devoured it driving and walking into the gym. I was a couple minutes late for class. I felt gross for eating that sandwich. I should have stuck with the apples. I tasted that sandwich all night at Zumba. Yuk!I wish those were the only bad choices I've been making lately but there have been far too many. Today was a good day. I have plenty of food in the house again. I've made my snacks and salads for the week. I'm back at exercising often. When I'm on track exercising, I have less time to eat and I don't want to eat as much, or at least as poorly. I hope this spell of over indulgence is over. I'm ready to get back on track . The bag of apples was a sign. I'm paying attention to karma telling me to back off and get back to fueling my body for life and fitness. I love good food. Good healthy food fuels my body and makes me feel good. I like to feel good. Seems obvious in what I need to do. I think I'll do it.
Here's to a good week of healthy eating and nutritious food choices!

No comments:
Post a Comment