Monday, January 24, 2011

Imma gonna be an Ironman Woman in 2012

I think you should all know that I am going to be an Ironman woman one day.  My sights are on doing the 2012 Louisville, KY Ironman.

There.

I said it.  It's public.  There is no going back now.

2.4 mile swim.
112 mile bike.
26.2 mile run.

Goal:  To Finish

2011 Goal:  Half Ironman.  Half way to the full.  One year from the full with plenty of time to train for both.

I think I'm gonna be busy.

I hope to have support from all my friends and family because this is going to be a REALLY big deal for me.  I don't know that I'll ever do it twice.  I don't know that I'll ever want to do it twice.  But I do want to do it once.

Why?
Because I can.
Because I like to dream big.
Because I love a challenge.
Because I want to say, "I'm an Ironman Woman!"
Because I want to prove to myself that I can indeed do anything I set my mind to.
Because I dream of feeling that level of accomplishment when I complete it.

Because I can't wait to hear my son Ethan congratulate me and tell me how proud he is.
Because I'll have major bragging rights for life.

So I will.

My journey is in motion.  Look for me at the finish line at the Louisville 2012 Ironman!

No comments:

Post a Comment