Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rules while I hover at 83 lb loss

I'm not going to let a little hovering get me down.  I think I've been at this 83 pound loss now for a couple weeks.  Work has been very stressful and busy lately.  It is going to stay that way for the next few months.  I'm going to need to be creative to force pockets of time to get my workouts in.  I can do that.  Working summers at the school allows me to wear my workout clothes to work so I can take breaks and go for a run or whatever.  Forcing myself to get up and do it when I'm in the middle of projects is a different story though!

I'm still proud of the 83 pounds but I have to admit it is getting harder and the weight loss is slowing down.  I'm eating well but still not tracking what I eat.  My daily eating rules kinda follow the basic principals that listed below.  All of which I use to keep in mind that I am fueling my body for energy and health.

Drink lots of water.
No processed anything.
One cup of coffee.
Skip the bread.
Lots of good carbs (esp before workouts) from fruits and vegetables.
Protein with every meal, and esp after workouts.  Lots of protein.
Daily salad.
Daily omega 3 (flax, salmon, cod liver oil).
Include good fats (coconut oil, avocados, olive oil).
Banana every day.
Wild caught fish, not farmed.
Eat organic as often as possible.
Eat grass fed beef/ bison. 
Eat organic free range eggs only.
Portion control.
Eat when hungry and don't get overly hungry.
Chew thoroughly, eat slow and don't over eat.
Always carry food on hand.  (almonds, protein powder, raisins, fruit)

Pretty simple rules.  I do eat dairy; full fat dairy as I'm on the side of the fence that believes that there is no nutritional value in the low fat varieties.  However I try to keep it as organic as often as I can.  I eat meat.  I try to focus on lean quality (again organic) meats. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables.  I don't eat much pasta, rice, bread, potatoes or corn.  But I don't cut out the complex carbs completely. I will indulge on a tasty treat of dark chocolate or peppermint patty or something similar but keep it under portion control.  I never deprive myself because it leads to binging.

Another rule I live by is to try my hardest to always get my sleep!  It's getting harder to this right now but I know how important sleep is so I will continue to make this a priority and be sure I am getting the most sleep bang for my time that I can.  I need those growth hormones that help promote weight loss that are generated during sleep!

I think I'm getting hungry now that I'm talking about all this food.   Off to eat and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment