Sunday, May 23, 2010

Absence Does Not Mean I'm Not Working

Good Morning World,

I know I have been remiss in keeping up with my blog lately.  I was doing so well journaling my journey.  I don't know if I started to feel like I didn't have anything new to say or if it's like a diet and exercise....once you stop a little.....suddenly you stop a lot. I always mean to get back to writing, especially when my mother reminds me that I haven't posted in awhile.  I guess this is the weekend to get back to it so here goes.

First of all, I am still ON TRACK and working hard!  I've continued to accomplish so much the past few weeks.  I'm still not tracking my food and am wondering if I should do that again. I've been eating a bit more to fuel my training and exercise.  This combined with not tracking has left me the past couple of weeks with slowed down weight loss.  I'm still going down but much slower.  I think I need to track again.  I have updated my stats page which helped me realize I'm not sleeping enough.

I completed my first 5k ever two days again and it was the most fantastic feeling to finish strong!

I'm training for the triathlon in July so my regiment has changed from working and exercising to "training" for the tri.  I've had to add more biking, running and swimming and remove other things to balance it all.  Work has been a little busier and will continue to stay very busy the next several months for me. Work sure cuts into this healthy lifestyle.

I'm training for the tri with my new friend Maria who has been a marvelous friend and support system for me.  She is so encouraging and helpful.  We are partners in this training and am happy she's in my life and doing this with me.  Thank you Maria!

We're off to the park this morning to bike, then run.  The weather is finally cooperating.  We've had so much rain this past month. This will be our second bike then run attempt but first time doing a long bike ride.  We have 8 weeks for the race so plenty of time to work on this.  We are going to do fantastic!

I'll try to get back here and write sooner rather than later.  I have so many stories in my head I want to share.  I wish it didn't take so much time.  It cuts into time I could be sleeping, or cleaning, or working, or prepping food and planning meals for the week.  Life is all about priorities and some times you have to let some things slide.  I enjoy keeping my thoughts and progress here so I hope to be back soon.  I need new pictures to post too.  Maybe I'll take my camera today.

Oh, one last thing.  My total weight loss is 76.4.  Still only in the 70's.  Now that I put that in writing...it seems like I've been there for a very long time.  I think I shall work extra hard this week so I can hit 80 soon!  Yes!  Tracking is back on!

Have a beautiful day world.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 5K, I am impressed. I am rooting for you and your upcoming July events. WOW I wish I could have met you in person at the ranch and instead you will be a huge inspiration to others there, and they don't know how lucky they are yet. Keep on keeping on and the track your on sounds like a perfect raceway.

    ReplyDelete